• October 19, 2024, 07:36:13 am
Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

Server IP: 141.94.180.144:8292

Author Topic: Hey  (Read 3457 times)

Offline Thijn

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Hey
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2016, 12:12:29 am »
I really don't mind. I've got a full-time job that pays well and have no problem paying for the server myself each month.
Don't mind this, but what's your monthly income? :P
Enough :P

Hosting servers I do mostly for clan members because I value them, and I believe some of them keep the VC:MP alive and interesting as well.
Why not open it for all old scripters of the community whom you believe :P?
They're free to ask :P

I have a dedicated server that costs me ?25 a month. 16GM ram, quad core i5, 2TB disk. I use this for personal stuff, testing around and hosting various servers for people.
This was originally for a minecraft community called minelord.com where people were donating frequently. and playing on a daily basis.
The community is still alive, and there's still minecraft servers running but not many people play anymore. Not a lot of people donate either, but I really don't mind. I've got a full-time job that pays well and have no problem paying for the server myself each month.

Stuff like the masterlist backup, updater, activity stats and server stats are things I like to experiment with, spend time on when I'm bored, and keep the VCMP community alive and interesting.
Though, you can get a cheaper host, 8GB ram is enough too.
2TB disk? You can never fill it up with PHP stuff :D nor with other hosting stuff.
I got a question for you, why not use a NodeJS server? It's faster and better than PHP
Also, what;s the host? I mean who's the provider, is it OVH?
The ram was chosen because minecraft eats a ton, same for the disk. It's got 30% full atm, around 400GB.
NodeJS is fun for certain services, but certainly not for everything. I personally like PHP more then NodeJS anyway.
Yes, it's hosted by OVH in Roubaix France. 1gpbs down, 100mbit up.