• September 21, 2024, 05:39:25 pm
Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

Latest donator: DarkSlayer

Author Topic: Dying to your own projectiles  (Read 1394 times)

Offline krystianoo

• Sergeant First Class
  • #SEVREXIT
    • View Profile
Dying to your own projectiles
« on: March 06, 2017, 12:23:10 am »
So this is considered death-evading now? http://ec.vc-mp.co.uk/index.php?topic=3486.0

If I had seen 3 medics running into the corner that I'm at, I'd rambo with molotovs or grenades to cause as much damage as possible, which is what people have been doing anyway quite often on the server.

So can we get a higher up to confirm that dying to your own grenades / molotovs / rockets is in fact, death evading?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 11:12:00 am by Crack »

Offline Brian

• General of EC
  • Sora_Blue
    • View Profile
  • Clan: ULK
Re: Dying to your own projectiles
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 01:46:14 am »
Death-evading
This includes all attempts to avoid being killed with unfair way.
"The table is surrounded by politicians who have never placed a foot on the battlefield. It's a disgusting squabble over who gets the largest piece of the pie, and that's why it needs to end. It is for that duty we raised the King. That's why we're fighting."
~A. Kupchenko

Offline GoRcEE

• Administrator
  • General of EC
  • Paid my dues
    • View Profile
  • Ingame-Nick: =TLA=GoRcEE
  • Clan: TLA
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 01:47:12 am »
Point :)

Rorro arts

Offline Ryne

• Manager
  • General of EC
  • Winning feels better when you take a little damage
    • View Profile
    • VUmania
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 02:47:37 am »
Well I have died to my nade 2-3 times while trying to kill my opponent, I don't even consider it a death evade. Doing this on a pupose is considered death evade. Tbh, I have no idea what harqules did, looks more like, he wanted to kill them but instead got killed by his own nAde.
Currently: LG and KTB Admin
Clan History: KTM, CG, ULK, VU, MK, DZ and DnA
Past Experience: EA and Pure DM manager/Admin, Sky-city Admin, XE Moderator and Elite Paradise Admin
Events: Developed EYE event on EA, XAD league referee,Vice War 3,4,6 and VCDC 3 Admin, EYE 3 Admin.

Offline krystianoo

• Sergeant First Class
  • #SEVREXIT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 02:59:29 am »
Death-evading

Clearly this is voided, as when you jump, drown - you die / are killed.

Well I have died to my nade 2-3 times while trying to kill my opponent, I don't even consider it a death evade. Doing this on a pupose is considered death evade. Tbh, I have no idea what harqules did, looks more like, he wanted to kill them but instead got killed by his own nAde.

Well, to me it looks like he attempted a kamikaze attack, he had like 3 guys in one small corner - what would you do? I'd blow myself up trying to kill the rest, would that be a rulebreak? If yes, suggesting a change. It sounds like soon people will be punished for the smallest things, such as driving burning cars into enemies.

Offline Ryne

• Manager
  • General of EC
    • View Profile
    • VUmania
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 04:43:29 am »
Death-evading

Well, to me it looks like he attempted a kamikaze attack, he had like 3 guys in one small corner - what would you do? I'd blow myself up trying to kill the rest, would that be a rulebreak? If yes, suggesting a change. It sounds like soon people will be punished for the smallest things, such as driving burning cars into enemies.
ofc, To me also it looks like he tried to kill them but got killed of his own nade. [ON]OXOO, today did this many time in front of me, but he used it as excuse that he was trying to kill us but got burned instead. So, my point is some people use it to evade on purpose but some people attempt to kill opponent but instead kill them self, which is not a evade or any rule breaking.
Past Experience: EA and Pure DM manager/Admin, Sky-city Admin, XE Moderator and Elite Paradise Admin
Events: Developed EYE event on EA, XAD league referee,Vice War 3,4,6 and VCDC 3 Admin, EYE 3 Admin.

Offline krystianoo

• Sergeant First Class
  • #SEVREXIT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 04:48:59 am »
Death-evading

ofc, To me also it looks like he tried to kill them but got killed of his own nade. [ON]OXOO, today did this many time in front of me, but he used it as excuse that he was trying to kill us but got burned instead. So, my point is some people use it to evade on purpose but some people attempt to kill opponent but instead kill them self, which is not a evade or any rule breaking.

...which in turn means that you have to either punish everyone that dies to their own projectile, or punish no-one. How can you prove that someone didn't kill himself on purpose? Exactly.

Offline Ryne

• Manager
  • General of EC
    • View Profile
    • VUmania
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 05:09:05 am »
Death-evading

...which in turn means that you have to either punish everyone that dies to their own projectile, or punish no-one. How can you prove that someone didn't kill himself on purpose? Exactly.
We don't need to punish everyone who dies to their own projectile nor we spare anyone who dies on purpose to evade. The best way is to spectate the player doing this or look for people reporting that player in server/forum about his death evades, which makes it easy for you to distinguish weather he did it on a purpose or not. I know few people can ruin them self by doing this again and again, but not on purpose. 

In case, we add a rule to punish no one for dying with their own projectile, it can be easily abused to death evade with a simple excuse of server rules.
In case, we add a rule to punish everyone who dies of their own projectile, it will be unfair for some people, who attempt to kill opponent but instead got killed by their own projectile.

This is just my opinion.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 05:10:50 am by Ryne »

Offline Brian

• General of EC
  • Sora_Blue
    • View Profile
  • Clan: ULK
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 10:01:31 am »
Well, to me it looks like he attempted a kamikaze attack, he had like 3 guys in one small corner - what would you do? I'd blow myself up trying to kill the rest, would that be a rulebreak? If yes, suggesting a change.
Take it to suggestions board then, as of now the rule still stands.
Intentionally killing yourself so that other players won't get the credit for it whether it's a kamikaze attack or not is disallowed
"The table is surrounded by politicians who have never placed a foot on the battlefield. It's a disgusting squabble over who gets the largest piece of the pie, and that's why it needs to end. It is for that duty we raised the King. That's why we're fighting."
~A. Kupchenko

CrackM4

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 11:12:31 am »
Well this guy has been unbanned.

I'll take this topic as closed/solved.