• September 21, 2024, 09:52:34 pm
Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

Welcome to The Grand Theft Auto European City Community!

Poll

Change account, alias, ban and warn system

Agree
21 (60%)
Disagree
14 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: February 23, 2018, 11:48:24 am

Author Topic: New registration, alias, ban and warn system  (Read 2090 times)

Offline Human.

• Developer
  • General of EC
    • View Profile
New registration, alias, ban and warn system
« on: February 18, 2018, 05:32:27 pm »
Due to the current problem of hacks/rule-break and ban evade, the management and staff had agreed to use a new system of account, alias, ban and warn. Currently, there's no good way to completely solve the ban evade problem in VCMP due to its limitation. But, the idea will probably reduce the count of ban evade even more & also improve the current aliases, warn and ban system. The idea is based on vito's suggestion, he suggested to use 'invite system' that only allow registered players to play, depends on account. This idea is based on his suggestion with other improvement to the other related-system. I'll be very busy starting next month due to personal matters, so a better system to reduce ban evade could be good for EC. I am not planning to start working on this system until the idea is agreed by majority of players & staff. It require quite a lot of changes and bugs are expected. So, It is all depends on majority's vote..

Account system
The new system will no longer allow unregistered player to play freely as now. However, they can request 'Main Account'( which require admin's approval ) that will allow them to create 'Side Account'. While waiting for approval, they can still play as 'spectator' which only let them roam in the city and talk with other players but they cant attack and they will also get immunity.

There will be 2 accounts type, the first one is 'Main Account' and the second one is 'Side Account'.
1. Main Account - The account that you can use to create side accounts. Main account doesnt let you play, it's just used to create/manage your side accounts.
2. Side Account - The account you can use to play, but you cant register new side account with only access of side account.

If the idea is accepted, we will convert all the current accounts( almost 5000 ) as side account that you can use to play. You can request 'main account' after that, but it needs admin approval with further check to make sure one player only own one main account. If you are caught having more than one main account, you will be blacklisted. Once the main account is approved, you can login to your main account to add/link your 'side accounts'( your current accounts ) to the list or register new side accounts that will be listed under your main account, side account registration doesnt need admin approval. After you have logged into your main account, you can simply select the account you want to use from the list or play as guest that you can use to roam/fight freely and have as much access as unregistered player as now but the stats wont be saved. If you just want to play with your side account, you can just login to your side account and play. The autologin option is still there, so you wont have to login if you enabled it on your side account.

How it looks ? ( it's just a model, it's not fully functioning yet as i'll wait for players' decision )

Aliases/ban/warn system
The alias, ban and warn system wont be dicussed here because its only involve staff job, but they will also be improved to work more efficiently with the new account system.

This is just the idea, the decision is up to the players & staff vote becuase im not planning to roll back all the updates after it's added. It require a lot of changes in both server-side script and client-side script. I've added poll, please vote before 21 February because i will be more busy starting end of Feb or March. If you have any question or suggestion, you can post here..
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 05:55:22 pm by Human. »

Offline MAD_K!LL3R

• Donator
  • General II
    • View Profile
Re: New registration, alias, ban and warn system
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 06:30:18 pm »
what about newbies ? will they get how it works ?

[/cente

Offline Aaron

• Developer
  • General of EC
  • Eighth Avenue Furies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 06:43:55 pm »
what about newbies ? will they get how it works ?

If they know how to read, then yes they will manage to find it out. It won't take a day either way, as long there are admins online.

Edit: for those who voted, please do drop your opinions as it is much a great help for us in this feature proposal.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 06:59:37 pm by Aaron »

Offline GoRcEE

• Administrator
  • General of EC
  • Paid my dues
    • View Profile
  • Ingame-Nick: =TLA=GoRcEE
  • Clan: TLA
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 07:21:53 pm »
Idea is great but the fact is newbies are new born and most of them dunno english.

Rorro arts

Offline S!LenT_K!LL3R

• Brigadier General I
  • Be Like me
    • View Profile
  • Clan: F2-Fatal Force
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 07:30:12 pm »
it will be good for newbies if this system will available in many languages because newbies will have some difficulty of reading this in English, especially for Asian countries but i am waiting for Asian continent players to drop reply about this new system

Offline Sixsine

• Colonel Staff
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 07:46:03 pm »
Very bad

Offline DarK_WolF

• Donator
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Mad Demons
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 10:00:30 pm »
I disagree,
Reason:
1st.Newbies just visit the server to drive cars and stuff so we wont be able to kill them and make stats as they have immunity xD
2nd.Mostly newbies come from other servers just to visit so they wont do such a long process to play here so mostly they will leave the server.
3rd.Server will only be for limited players, server player count will be decreased server wont get any extra players and they are lazy to do such a long process.
P.S:These were just my personal thoughts dont know about others.

Offline Hazard

• Donator
  • General of EC
  • RELAX!
    • View Profile
  • Ingame-Nick: [RT]Hazard
  • Clan: RT
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 12:04:33 am »
If it's for good, absolutely yes.

Offline Brian

• General of EC
  • Sora_Blue
    • View Profile
  • Clan: ULK
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 12:12:37 am »
No, most newbies are inadequate to actually read let alone understand basic English.
"The table is surrounded by politicians who have never placed a foot on the battlefield. It's a disgusting squabble over who gets the largest piece of the pie, and that's why it needs to end. It is for that duty we raised the King. That's why we're fighting."
~A. Kupchenko

Offline Casper

• General of EC
    • View Profile
    • DF Clan - Dark Fighters
  • Ingame-Nick: Casper
  • Clan: Skull
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2018, 12:33:06 am »
no.

Offline DasHinG^

• Donator
  • Master Sergeant
  • This is the Way
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Ingame-Nick: =KF=DasHinG^
  • Clan: KF
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2018, 12:42:24 am »
Yes.

Offline Fi77_Hold3R

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2018, 12:55:14 am »
No, cause nobody want's to do that much long process in order to play EC

Offline ZAiM

• Donator
  • Captain Staff
  • I came, I saw, I conquered.
    • View Profile
  • Ingame-Nick: [MDt]ZAiM
  • Clan: MD

Shadow.Jack^

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2018, 03:18:43 am »
With this system,If there will be availability of different language options and easy mentioned/given steps to create and manage accounts(at starting time as unspawned screen to unregistered players)in server,then this would be great.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 03:23:51 am by Shadow.JacK^ »

Offline Human.

• Developer
  • General of EC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2018, 12:32:41 pm »
It will be improved from time to time and more tips might be added later.
About the so called 'newbie', most of them are same players that use different nicks & ban evaders.

Well, it's not really a long procces, the players just need to request one 'Main Account' only once until EC is closed and it doesnt take more than 2 mins.
- The registered players can use their current account( all the +5000 accounts will be side account ) to play as usual while waiting for 'Main account' approval. The autologin is also there, so everything stay the same.
- The new players can play as spectator before their 'Main Account' is approved which is not really bad for them. They will get immunity so they can roam and get used with EC, they will not become main target in server or leave because they cant compete.

- The Main Account is just needed to:
1. Create new side accounts( register different nicks )
2. Play as guest( play with different unregistered nicks )
3. List all your accounts at one place( as in the picture in my first post )
4. Play with any accounts in your list( which you added or created ). It let you play with different account without changing your nick, nor enter password for the account as long as you are logged into your main account.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 01:49:07 pm by Human. »