• September 23, 2024, 05:31:42 am
Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

Join us in discord and have a chit chat with us! https://discord.gg/FXh8ahd

Author Topic: Suggestion for password protection  (Read 817 times)

Shahriyar Ali

Suggestion for password protection
« on: July 05, 2018, 12:59:52 pm »
Suggestion for:(Forum/Server) Server
Your suggestion(please include as much info as you can): This is my first suggestion and I find it very useful to server. My suggestion is that the current /changepass command only requires new password whereas it doesn't requires old password which can be very dangerous in various situations. For example, if a person has left his pc and one of his fellow mates change the password and steal his account can lead to very much trouble. Another example, if a person leaves his account open at one of the cafe where a fellow vcmp player is also engaged on a pc, he can take advantage of it and can steal his account or might take advantage by various means. Last but not the least, there are several players who are either brothers or acquaintances living with/near one another and if one of their brother/relative is in a big clan for example TRC SS or VU, his relative can change password and use the account for his advantage.  I would like to encourage staff to tweak the /changepass command with requirements of old and new password.
Extra notes: Thanks for stopping by, peace. :)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 05:13:51 pm by Human. »

Offline Zkq

• Donator
  • General of EC
    • View Profile
  • Ingame-Nick: [MD]Zkq
  • Clan: MD
Re: Suggestion for password protection
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 01:24:34 pm »
yes +1 the most for these guys who play in a cyber cafe

CrackM4

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 02:23:28 pm »
If they steal your accounts they are not your friends.

not our problem ?\_(ツ)_/?

Shahriyar Ali

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 02:34:42 pm »
If they steal your accounts they are not your friends.

not our problem ?\_(ツ)_/?
Safety comes first, it will give passwords a security boost as well as extra layer of security.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 03:51:23 pm by N »

Offline Casper

• General of EC
    • View Profile
    • DF Clan - Dark Fighters
  • Ingame-Nick: Casper
  • Clan: Skull
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 04:57:15 pm »

Offline Human.

• Developer
  • General of EC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 05:13:36 pm »
Denied,
There's no point for them to change your password if they can access your account, they can directly transfer the money
from it to their account or do what ever they want. In fact, if they change your account's password, it will make you aware of the account break and report it to admin or maybe admins will notice it when you ask them to reset your password. If you are playing at cyber cafe, dont turn auto-login on, improvement in /changepass will not make your account any more secure if you dont stop them from accessing it in the first place.

Anyway, we save log of each transaction made by player( from buying stuff to transferring money ) so it's stupid to break into other players's account to get money because we can trace all the money back.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 05:17:57 pm by Human. »