• September 21, 2024, 12:44:00 pm
Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

Latest donator: DarkSlayer

Author Topic: Bug Report - ignore  (Read 1581 times)

Offline Hazard

• Donator
  • General of EC
  • RELAX!
    • View Profile
  • Ingame-Nick: [RT]Hazard
  • Clan: RT
Bug Report - ignore
« on: January 19, 2019, 11:20:48 pm »
Suggestion for:(Forum/Server) Server
Your suggestion(please include as much info as you can): I ignored a player then he changed his nick-name then he's able to talk with me again.
Extra notes: fix it thx :)

Offline Casper

• General of EC
    • View Profile
    • DF Clan - Dark Fighters
  • Ingame-Nick: Casper
  • Clan: Skull
Re: Bug Report - ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 11:35:19 pm »
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 12:14:45 am by Casper »

Offline Aaron

• Developer
  • General of EC
  • Eighth Avenue Furies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 11:56:02 pm »
Moved it to bug reports, it's not a suggestion.

Offline Hazard

• Donator
  • General of EC
  • RELAX!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 01:28:46 am »
Moved it to bug reports, it's not a suggestion.

and about the bug?

Offline GoRcEE

• Administrator
  • General of EC
  • Paid my dues
    • View Profile
  • Ingame-Nick: =TLA=GoRcEE
  • Clan: TLA
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 03:14:35 am »
Your suggestion(please include as much info as you can): I ignored a player then he changed his nick-name then he's able to talk with me again.
simply ignore him again with his new nick :/

Rorro arts

Sezaro

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 01:18:20 pm »
I think he wanna tell that if he ignores the player and that player comes at same IP but with different nick, it should stay on ignore list

Offline Human.

• Developer
  • General of EC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 01:43:17 pm »
It's not actually a bug, that's how it's supposed to work because it currently depends on nick/account. I can easily change it to UID( well, it can still be evaded..just a bit harder ) but it might affect players that use same PC, there are quite many players play at internet cafe/share computer. In that case, if you ignore one troublesome player, everyone that use the same computer will be ignored without you realizing it. So i decided to use nick instead as you can easily ignore them again after they change nick so it's not a big deal..

Offline MaxX

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2019, 11:28:40 am »
It's not actually a bug, that's how it's supposed to work because it currently depends on nick/account. I can easily change it to UID( well, it can still be evaded..just a bit harder ) but it might affect players that use same PC, there are quite many players play at internet cafe/share computer. In that case, if you ignore one troublesome player, everyone that use the same computer will be ignored without you realizing it. So i decided to use nick instead as you can easily ignore them again after they change nick so it's not a big deal..
Or you guys can add a rule about it, if anyone evades /ignore by joining with another nick he/she will be muted or gets a warn for it.

Offline GoRcEE

• Administrator
  • General of EC
  • Paid my dues
    • View Profile
  • Ingame-Nick: =TLA=GoRcEE
  • Clan: TLA
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2019, 05:33:38 pm »
Or you guys can add a rule about it, if anyone evades /ignore by joining with another nick he/she will be muted or gets a warn for it.
It'd be reported as annoying for no reason also, Why don't just ignore him with his new nick again? if repeat, /report is for this purpose;)

Rorro arts

Offline Hazard

• Donator
  • General of EC
  • RELAX!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2019, 06:11:00 pm »
no, if he joins with other nick so keep him unignored, its not that hard to ignore. current system is fine but when player's account is transferred then make him stay ignored.

Offline MaxX

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2019, 07:43:56 pm »
It'd be reported as annoying for no reason also, Why don't just ignore him with his new nick again? if repeat, /report is for this purpose;)
Well if there is no rule about it then why should they even /report or report in forum because there not breaking anykind of rule think about it mate or maybe Bug/Script abuse rule stands for it also.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 07:51:02 pm by Maxpayne^ »

Offline Human.

• Developer
  • General of EC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2019, 11:31:31 pm »
no, if he joins with other nick so keep him unignored, its not that hard to ignore. current system is fine but when player's account is transferred then make him stay ignored.
It does not really help much( besides, you can easily ignore him again when he starts insulting - the main use of ignore list is to be used against insult )

Adding that kind of rule will most likely cause more problems. Currently we allow players to use different nicks as they wish. If ever that kind of rule is added, someone can report you/you will be punished if you join with different nick while you are in someone's ignore list as it will be counted as 'evading ignore list by changing nick' according your idea. Dont forget, everyone has their own ignore list and it will be a big mess if we take action based on individual's ignore list.

Basically, the 'ignore list' feature is just part of a small addition to the server and it can easily be managed by players themself, so i dont think management should step in with new rules/punishment. It will create more problem and take away more freedom from players if we do so. The best way for players would be ignore them again, it does not take long to ignore someone, all you need to do is /ignore <player> if he starts insulting you again.

I will lock this topic as it's not a bug and there is nothing to be fixed. You can make new topic in Suggestion Board if you have any other idea( besides the idea you had already posted here ).

« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 11:45:10 pm by Human. »