• September 20, 2024, 09:18:47 pm
Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

Latest donator: DarkSlayer

Author Topic: /requesttransfer | /reqtransfer  (Read 3308 times)

KILLERX

Re: /requesttransfer | /reqtransfer
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2019, 07:41:17 pm »
Nope.
in case if its happened no one will visit forum and everyone will use in game requests which will kill forum activity.
Registering in forum and posting request is not a big deal.
Okay, in that case why players are supposed to register their in-game nick without a proper email account? Everyone is creating new accounts and playing randomly even when not needed urgently and I already said that according to forum activity. Some players have problems with their forum accounts. Players can still request for a forum transfer request when they don't have a PC o they are out of their homes, cities or maybe power-cut. There are still many reasons to request nick-change for forums. The forum activity will not die. I have thought about it and from every way I think this is right. When Players are in urgent or they want their nick to get transferred quickly so they'll use the command in-game via log-in the game and do /reqtransfer or /requesttransfer.
I dont know what kind of problems players facing in forum its not something difficult.
When Players are in urgent or they want their nick to get transferred quickly so they'll use the command in-game via log-in the game and do /reqtransfer or /requesttransfer.
According to your first post  those players who  are  going  to request name change ingame will also need admin approval.
And after a week or half they will be allowed to use /reqtransfer. Players also should be able to see transfer requests. But only staff can accept or reject via IRC, in-game or maybe if possible then Discord also.
Both forum requests and ingame request will take same time in process
The thing i want to say is there is no need of adding in game requests and if someone having problem in opening forum they can contact staff on discord for help

Offline Hazard

• Donator
  • General of EC
  • RELAX!
    • View Profile
  • Ingame-Nick: [RT]Hazard
  • Clan: RT
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2019, 07:44:48 pm »
Nope.
in case if its happened no one will visit forum and everyone will use in game requests which will kill forum activity.
Okay, in that case why players are supposed to register their in-game nick without a proper email account? Everyone is creating new accounts and playing randomly even when not needed urgently and I already said that according to forum activity. Some players have problems with their forum accounts. Players can still request for a forum transfer request when they don't have a PC o they are out of their homes, cities or maybe power-cut. There are still many reasons to request nick-change for forums. The forum activity will not die. I have thought about it and from every way I think this is right. When Players are in urgent or they want their nick to get transferred quickly so they'll use the command in-game via log-in the game and do /reqtransfer or /requesttransfer.
I dont know what kind of problems players facing in forum its not something difficult.
When Players are in urgent or they want their nick to get transferred quickly so they'll use the command in-game via log-in the game and do /reqtransfer or /requesttransfer.
According to your first post  those players who  are  going  to request name change ingame will also need admin approval.
And after a week or half they will be allowed to use /reqtransfer. Players also should be able to see transfer requests. But only staff can accept or reject via IRC, in-game or maybe if possible then Discord also.
Both forum requests and ingame request will take same time in process
The thing i want to say is there is no need of adding in game requests and if someone having problem in opening forum they can contact staff on discord for help
It is necessary for some players who can't visit forum and don't know about discord. Since its a urgent-action request so it must be done in-game.

KILLERX

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2019, 07:55:37 pm »
It is necessary for some players who can't visit forum and don't know about discord. Since its a urgent-action request so it must be done in-game.
Nope, if someone can install and play vcmp its not hard for them to just open forum and post a request.

Offline Hazard

• Donator
  • General of EC
  • RELAX!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2019, 08:19:54 pm »
Anyways, it is really needed. It's up to staff.

Offline RajPut

• Donator
  • Private
  • We choose our pain ourselves..
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
  • Ingame-Nick: RajPut*
  • Clan: VU
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2019, 09:06:06 pm »
Nope.

Offline Hazard

• Donator
  • General of EC
  • RELAX!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2019, 10:40:13 pm »
It's going to happen believe me or not.

Offline Hecubas

• Corporal
  • #ZK-Zombie Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2019, 11:42:02 pm »
This was a good idea but as KX said it will reduce forum activity. If this is accepted, account transfer info will become private and sometimes especially when a player claims to join a clan it is better to keep the transfer info public. Also, how will the player be informed if the transfer was approved or denied( if so, for what reason ) the player and admin may not be online at the same time. What if the player mistyped the new nick in the request command? He can't edit it like in the forum. This suggestion may create more problems and confusion.

Offline Sheep

• Major Staff
  • CHLENIX 1337
    • View Profile
  • Ingame-Nick: Sheep
  • Clan: WK
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2019, 02:24:48 am »
+1
http://wkvcmp.ru/

Credits to [VU]Saim

Offline San

• Trainee
    • View Profile
  • Clan: MK
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2019, 03:07:22 am »
There are some Pros and Cons in this Suggestion which I would like to point out clearly so that it will not look so complicated

Pros:
1. Can be transferred fast with a command (depends on how long admin takes to approve it)

2. No need to write such format in the forum

3. No need to register multiple accounts everytime you need a new nick

Cons:
1. Can be rapidly spammed if someone intentionally wants to bother admin+ (unless if developer can give a timer to it)

2. Forum activity will be decreased

3. Someone can req through someone's account if he can manage to hack it

4. Takes alot of time for the developers to implement the command and the function to it (which takes alot of time than for a player to make an application on the forum) in the same time they could do something better than a single command and they are not as free as the regular players.

5. May creates alot of records in the database of the server which only a Dev can access and they will have to save it forever. (Tho I don't have much experience in this but I guess it records in the database if it's inplemented in the server)

Therefore it is upto developers whether to implement it or not. Thank you :)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 04:32:09 am by San »

Offline Tic

• Donator
  • Master Sergeant Senior
  • drj
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2019, 03:31:24 am »
+1 san

Offline Hecubas

• Corporal
  • #ZK-Zombie Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2019, 06:47:32 am »

That's not even a problem in the current transfer system. You don't have to make multiple accounts if you're applying for transfer, you'll be able to log-in to the new nick directly after transfer. What part of "Transfer" don't you understand

Doesn't makes sense. If someone can breach your account, then they can do a lot more than that, like changing the password.

Offline San

• Trainee
    • View Profile
  • Clan: MK
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2019, 11:29:52 am »

That's not even a problem in the current transfer system. You don't have to make multiple accounts if you're applying for transfer, you'll be able to log-in to the new nick directly after transfer. What part of "Transfer" don't you understand

Doesn't makes sense. If someone can breach your account, then they can do a lot more than that, like changing the password.
Are you dumb enough not to read the whole post?

It is the pros and cons that the suggestion is having. I didn't ask you to point something in this because that's what it has... There is nothing wrong. I know there is a thing called "Transfer" but some players don't understand it and register with a new nick everytime they want, like I have seen Hulistan (Snoopi) Registering with Too many nicks and

if someone could breach any account through it, it is possible they will try to take it completely from the player by doing /reqtransfer

Suppose if I don't like you and I wanted to breach/hack your account by doing some things and you are on a vacation for just a week
And by the time I can take your acc and request for a transfer and they will because they don't know who behind the screen unless they wish to check UID and IP but most of the times it doesn't happen and approves it. I will have your account completey untill you request for support. It's just some common sense that is possible to happen, Be smart dude.

Stop debating out others post here! It isn't a court. It's only the pros and cons based on the suggestion and it's up to the staff
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 11:44:51 am by San »

Offline Human.

• Developer
  • General of EC
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2019, 11:59:39 pm »
After a discussion, we decided to reject the idea.

Besides the forum activity( i dont really think it affect much tbh ), there will be few more issues that will arise incase we accept this idea. There are ways to solve the issues, but i think it's not worth to create more issues just to solve them again..